Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Searching Checkboxes

This topic is 8301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I want to find "North West" in a checkbox field. That field also contains the checkboxes: North East, South East, South West.

When I check North West in Find Mode, FMP pulls up all records North West entries and all with South West entries. To avoid this in a standard field, I would put quotations around my find request. Since, however, I am using checkboxes, I can't do this.

Does anyone know of anyway to do this find properly using the checkboxes and avoiding the option of omitting the South West entries?

quote:

Originally posted by Kristine:

I can't enter == for an exact match while using checkboxes. Is there any other way?

1. Do not use a checkbox for your find.

2. Control your find via a script. Enter Find Mode, goto a layout with the field formatted with checkboxes, Pause Script. This will allow the user to enter thier find criteria. Resume script via a button, Set Field "==" & CheckBoxField, then Perform Find.

Since a field is simply formattted for display as a checkbox, but is still a basic text field you can do this while under script control, although there is no way to do this through the normal interface for finds.

This topic is 8301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.