multipages in one layout

Dianne

This topic is 7284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there

I am trying to figure out how to have a layout where I can store data within multiple pages with buttons along the top which will take me to different pages within the same layout.

Am I making sense? New to FM and finding the online help really useful but can't seem to find info on this.

thanks in advance, Diane

Diane:

Welcome to the Forums. If I understand you right, you want something akin to a tab system (like what is used on Apple's website, for example.) It's not difficult to do. Those multiple "pages" are actually different layouts. Make your row of buttons, then, for each one, make a layout to correspond to that "page." Define the buttons in your first layout, to switch to the particular "page" layout. Once you've defined the buttons in one layout, you can copy the whole bunch of them together and then paste them into each of the other layouts. The t-square tool is very handy for this, to ensure that the buttons are in exactly the same location on each layout. Now you can switch seamlessly between the layouts.

-Stanley

• 2 weeks later...

The template examples in the filemaker folder show examples of this. A specific one is the inventory.

On my system:

filemaker 7/english extras/templates/business - people & assets/inventory.fp7

The blue tabs at the top right of the layout are what you need.

This topic is 7284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.