Show Custom Dialog

This topic is 7256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm a slight newbie with FMP. We've bumped from 4.0 to 7.0...yup, a big one.

I'm creating my department's database for equipment use scheduling from scratch so that we can take advantage of some of the new things with 7.

One area that I would really like to get to work is the 'Show Custom Dialog' in the ScriptMaker section. The 'Show Custom Dialog' has the ability for and 'Input Field' area. This is to allow the user to enter information. What I'd like to do is have the user enter a date of the records he/she wants to print out and continue with the printing script.

What I can't figure out is how to make the date that the user entered go into the 'Date' field and perform a find and continue with the print script. I have the rest of the script working fine, but I can't get the date that's entered into the 'Custom Dialog' to appear or get entered into the 'Date' field that I've created.

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated. I have another question about the checkbox feature, but I figured I'll get this question out of the way and do more research on the check box.

Thanks,

Kris Kauker

kkauker at princeton dot edu

CoziMan,

Thanks for posting the sample file. I took a look at it and took the script apart to see what made it tick. It looks like I just needed to add the 'Set Field' command and tweak that. Everything works perfectly now. So now, the user just needs to type in the date in the Custom Dialog box and the script takes care of the rest.

Now that this part is fixed, on to other messes I've created in this database. I've picked up the Sam's Teach Yourself FMP 7.0 in 24 hours. I have some reading to do.

Thanks again for the help!

Kris Kauker

This topic is 7256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.