ending balance and beginning balance

This topic is 7259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Sounds like an amortization table. I've been down this road before and would strongly recommend getting the loan data in Excel somehow, where it is easy to construct a loan table.

Having said that, there is no way I know of to do this with a calc field. You need to create one record for each loan payment, in a looping script and along the way capture the end balance and insert it as the beginning balance in the next record. The payment file can grow pretty quickly if your solution is being used by a busy mortgage company, which can ultimatly slow things down quite a bit.

HTH

I'm assuming you would be looking up a specific record and not just the previous one. If this is the case, you can set up a calculation that links the 'related' records, create a self-relationship from this calc to itself, and sort the relationship by descending creation date. Then you can use selfrel::balance_end to lookup or auto-enter balance_beg.

The trick would be determining how particular records are 'related' and defining the calc based on that.

This topic is 7259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.