Importing Records FM6 to FM7

This topic is 7128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can convert my database (1file) to FM7. I have re-writtten the application in FM7 and would like to just import the records. I have had no luck in doing this, it will only let me import the entire FM6 application. Is there a way to just import the records?

IW

I'm sure that what you mean is it wants to convert the whole FM6 *file* or *solution* (The application itself has no data.)

What you'll need to do is to convert the FM6 files to FM7, then import your records from those "raw" FM7 files into your redesigned and optimized FM7 tables.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi,

I have done the same as IEW above - created a brand new database on FP7 and am now trying to import my records from FP5. I have converted the files into FP5 with the simple drag and drop technique and now I am trying to import these recently converted records into my new database but have come across a problem:

If I import and don't try to line the fields up it imports the records no problem, however if I try to match them up it doesn't like it and I get the following message:

"Total Records Added/Updated: 34

Total Records skipped due to errors: 34

Total fields skipped due to errors: 0"

and when I go to look at my records none have been added.

I also tried to convert my raw data into a csv file and that didn't work either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Lorraine

This topic is 7128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.