rounding problems with calculated and looked-up values

This topic is 8247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

A few times a day some clients (FMP5.0 / WIN2000) start rounding up calculated and looked up values. I don't know what causes this problem. All figures behind the comma (decimals) turn to 0. In our situation in Holland we use 2,20371 as factor to calculate from Guilder to Euro. This becomes 2,0. Shutting down FMP on this local machine and restarting it solves this annoying problem.

We have to recalculate these records to get them right. They are saved on the server in the wrong way, with this failure.

This is a local problem on most machines. We all have WIN2000 clients, FMP5.0 latest update in a WIN2000 server / FMP5.0 server environment. This problem turned up when we switched from NT4.0 / FMPserver 3.0 to the configuration we use now.

Thanks, Wim

We have the same European decimal comma here. Do you have all machines set up properly in all user profiles?

Are all databases with start script "Use system formats"?

And I am not switching fully to W2000. Definitely NOT the server. Workstations look quite all right. Our main IT expert see red when I mention W2k server...

• Newbies

Hi Anatoli,

thanks for your answer. I'll try to change countrysettings on the clientside. They all have W2K UK version, FMP5.0 UK. The server has Dutch as inputlanguage, US keyboardsettings and has a UK-version of W2K.

Do you have an idea why this only coincidentally happens?

Thanks, Wim

This topic is 8247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.