Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem Preventing Access to Layouts

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are encountering a problem with a set of FP 5.5 files. There are several related files...including a "Home" file that has tabs. Each tab opens a different layout within the file. We have set up groups, rights and passwords for each user group.

Let's call the layouts: Home, A, B, C, and D.

Let's call the users (groups): UserB, UserC, and UserD.

The problem is that we have the permissions set up so that all users can view and operate in "Home" and their respective layouts. That is, UserA is supposed to only have access to Home and Layout A. When you go into "Overview" and look at the passwords, rights, etc., you see that UserA is "Denied Access" to Layouts B and C...however, when logging in as UserA, I can access Layouts B and C. We're stumped...any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a picture of the "Overview" showing access priveleges. As an example, PD is supposed to not be able to access HR Directory...but they can.

access privileges.jpg

• Newbies

Some of the layout is grayed out (some fields)...others are accessible. I'm not sure how to check for the group in the scripts. There are a lot of scripts in the file. If you can give me an idea of what a script would look like that "checked for the group".

• Newbies

Let me clarify something. By looking at the attached picture, a "Principal/Director" should not even be able to get into the tab for "HR Director"...but not only can he access the layout, he can also do some editing.

home tabs.jpg

The scripts associated with each of the tabs except home should have an If Position(Status(CurrentGroup), "PD")

Do the script to go to the layout PD

End If

If the HR or Finance or anyone else clicks on the tab nothing happens.

You haven't told us how the passwords are setup. What privileges do each of them have? What menus can they use?

You could also create a one row portal for each tab and use the visibility technique to hide any tabs to which a user should not have access.

Create an unstored calculation for each group of Case( Position( "

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.