Server Maintenance This Week. ×

script won't trigger?

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i have a script that changes a single value in a field after a find for a single record. that's what it's supposed to do. it doesn't change the value of the field when triggered on the web but it does work when doing it via the FMP interface. the relevant part of the URL i'm using:

http://thesite.com:591/FMPro?-db=Staff.fp5&-lay=WebDay1&-format=viewday.html&-recid=103&-token.1=WebDay1&-token.2=103&-token.3=Time%20Que&-token.4=Day%201&-token.5=&-script=WebPrevDay&-find

it's a next/prev day script that changes the date in a field so that it display a new portal. why won't it trigger?

thanks for any insight!

Well it must not be important if you are using ScriptMaker on the web.

Unless you are me, and you're not, you should not use ScriptMaker on the web. ScriptMaker can process only one event at a time and it does not queue event requests. Further, CDML, in and of itself, does not recognize a ScriptMaker event failure. You need to find another way to design your solution, or you need to spend several months developing a workaround for the shortcomings of the single threaded engine of ScriptMaker.

The issues have been widely discussed on these forums. I have developed a workaround, but it is proprietary information. If you are serious, I mean really serious, you too can study and develop a workaround. Good luck.

gee thanks that was awesome. unfortunately the very well-established current time entry system can't be re-engineered without serious upset in their workflow and cost in development. it's a throwback for me to use CDML but they didn't want to spring for Lasso and a new machine to run Apache, where i could take care of this with ease. there are a total of 3 people using this site in the entire world, so the scriptmaker request queue issue isn't an issue. the idea of the system is to use as few pages as possible for codebase management.

thanks for the very productive pep talk.

You're welcome.

Do you have the script permission set in Web Security?

Also, ...&-token.3=Time%20Que&-token.4=Day%201... indicates a potential problem to me. The space (e.g. Time Que) gets converted to %20 which can cause problems when submitted FM unless converted back to the space; though this is not related necessarily with the triggering of a script. Still it is best to avoid spaces and use either TimeQue or Time_Que.

Hi, could a workaround be to use an inline action in the "viewday.html" page?

When your find is returned, have an inline that edits the record and puts the value you need into the field - maybe setting it from a calculation field???

regards, jeff

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.