Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Index Missing... How do you Fix this?

This topic is 7045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Have you tried to recover the file? I think this may rebuild the indexes. Or, you might try turning the index off, closing the file, opening it, and turning it back on, etc....

To recover:

1. Choose File menu > Recover.

2. Select the file to recover, and click Open.

To turn indexing on and off, go through define fields, select variable, press options, press storage options, turn off storage to turn off indexing.

Good luck, I wish you well. If this doesn't work, try saving a clone and importing the data from the orig. file into the clone.

--Tripod

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this problem as well - it would appear that it occurs if you are trying to use an unstored value as the match field for your relation. So, check and see if you went and changed any of your Indexed fields into Unstored, calucated fields.

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem with a portal showing index missing. Is there a work around for this other than turning off the "unstored" part of the value? I need that for a calculation I'm doing.

Second, when I do take that off to see what happens, my portal is populated with 13 of the EXACT SAME record. I have 13 records in my related table. Each portal should only have 0-4 records (all different) in it. Ideas?

Greg

If your child key is unstored, then you will not be able to create a viable relationship. Is there a chance you could script the key to be set whenever one of the fields the calculation references changes?

This topic is 7045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.