FM7 and Related files

This topic is 7226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a main database with relationships to 3 other databases. After converting these to FileMaker Pro 7.0v2 the main database no longer "finds" the related files. When the related file is called FM7 gives an alert message that the file can't be found. When I click OK, it lists all the files in that folder & I can choose the file that should be opened. After doing so the main database file will relate to this target file fine until I quit FM7. When I restart, the same alert message appears.

What did i do wrong? Or what changes do I have to make in the scripts, etc.? Sure would appreciate any help you can give me.

Did you convert the files as FMI recommends: dropping the *folder* containing all databases onto the app icon?

Converting the files individually does not work.

Yes, I did it the way the manual says. I have all the related databases in one folder and I dragged the whole folder to the FM7 icon. It's really odd that once I "teach" the main db where the related files are everything is fine...until I quit FileMaker. Then the next time I launch the main db it can't find the related files.

Sure do appreciate the help.

MoonShadow: Thanks for the reply. I've checked the file references and they seem fine. When I go to File>Define>database>Relationship the missing file's box appears darkened and under the file name in the box it says, "file missing". However, the other related files that I opened "manually" appear fine with the fields listed in their box.

I sure do appreciate any help you can offer.

This topic is 7226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.