Emailing Help

simoncpage

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have just notice that when using the send email in filmaker it opens up a black message fine but doesnt add in any signatures....is there a way to add text into the email being sent?

If not what plugin are there for complete emailing within Filemaker?? So that it could be used as a tracking solution?

Thanks

Hi, Simon! Are you using the SEND MAIL script step? If so, that uses your personal e-mail client in which you can set that to include a signature by default. The messages do not have to be blank, either... you can have FileMaker use field info for To:, Subject:, Message:, etc. We do, and it works great. I hear some folks even automate it so they don't have to hit "SEND" for each message. We don't want it automated, though, so we can review the info before it goes out.

There are plug-ins that add more mail functionality. We used to use one to read mail from an account and auto-enter each message into FileMaker as a new record.

--ST

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hi Steve, glad I came across this post as I've been struggling with the send email script for some time. I use it in a fairly simple way, just taking the contact's email as the To field. All seems to work well, Mail opens and the default signature appears, but it disappears immediately and I'm left with a blank email. Not the end of the world for sure but annoying nonetheless. Am I missing something? You came across as a knowledgeable fella in your post so I hope you don't mind me bothering you!

Thanks in advance, Pascal

Hi, Pascal! I can't quite remember, but I think I saw a post mentioning some kind of problem with Mail, (or at least a version of it since it is supposed to work w/FM). We use Eudora at my office and we don't seem to have any problems with it. We have an educational license, but you can still dowload a free version of Eudora, too. The default internet application can be set from Safari (for web) or Mail (for e-mail)... just try changing it to Eudora or Outlook and see how it goes.

Does anyone out there use Mail on Panther OK or know what's wrong?

--ST

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.