Recreate continue button outside the status area?

This topic is 7099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a sample file out there, that I can pick apart. Im trying to recreate the "continue" button from the status bar on one of my layouts (which might also be in preview mode). I know I can Resume a script by attaching the resume command to a button, but can I program the button to appear (using a portal trick or something else) when a layout is paused, thus making my interface look alot more elegant? I hope someone can help, I really dont like the look of the FM Status bar frown.gif

I have FMP 7 and am using it both on Windows as well as OSX, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jalz

NO. Sorry. frown.gif

I like to avoid the status area, too. One thing you could do: Keep the layout you're previewing exactly the same. In your script, where you have

Go to Layout ( yourLayout )

Enter Preview Mode (Pause)

right afterwards, add the lines

Copy

Go to Layout ( someOtherLayout )

Enter Browse Mode

Paste ( aContainerField )

Pause

These four lines take a snapshot of the preview and paste it into the container field. Next to that container field, you can have a 'Continue' button.

HTH.

Jerry

Or just Show Custom Dialog or have a text box that says 'Press Enter to continue'. It will activate the Continue button, even if it isn't visible.

This topic is 7099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.