Font trashing a file

LindaG

This topic is 7262 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I use the word trashing because it has changed all my files. I opened my original solution in vs. 6 on a new installed copy of FileMaker. All of the fonts on every layout changed. I am out of town and can't access my files at home or at work.

Of course, I already switched to Browse - unlike vs. 7, it automatically saved this mess. Does this mean I can't continue the design on it - and globally reassign the fonts when I get home. I use Verdana but this current system doesn't have verdana loaded in FM fonts.

I hope I'm making sense .. pretty upset ... I can't believe FM would just change fonts! It should come up with "this font doesn't exist. Would you like to use a different one or exit?" Am I stuck? Will I need to go back to my previous backup when I get home? Can't design in this at all ... or will it somehow convert itself back automatically when I get home.

Linda (tired and discouraged)

Hi Linda,

It is the machine trying to draw a picture that it doesn't have a description of. Unless you have manually gone through and changed each font to something else, your file will be okay on a machine with the Verdana installed.

You should install Verdana on that machine by the way.

This happened to me with a Helvetica once, and I had to remove all of them from the machine and reinstall the font. That was when I stopped using Helvetica and started using Verdana.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 7262 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.