ToggleWindow[zoom] ** newbie **

Mandu

This topic is 7243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't seem to make the ToggleWindow[zoom] script step work the way I want it to.

The doc says that zoom resizes the window to the last previous defined window size. I thought that the way to "define window size" was to go to layout mode, resize the window by dragging the lower-right corner of the window, and then go to browse mode. However, the ToggleWindow[zoom] step still resizes the window to something else.

I obviously haven't found the magic sequence. Can someone offer a recipe for creating a script that goes to a layout and resizes the window to a specific, fixed, window size?

Thank you,

Chap

Bad description. What you want is actually the Unzoom. The Zoom actually makes the window Zoom out to outer most Right and Bottom item on the layout.

Lee

Thanks for the hint, Lee --

So Zoom essentially auto-fits the window to surround all (visible?) items, whereas Unzoom resizes it to a recent manually-resized size.

It sounds, then, as if I want Zoom, because I want the layout to fit snugly inside the window. It turns out that at some point I had enlarged the Body layout part unintentionally. I manually resized the window to the size I wanted, at which point Zoom gave me the wrong appearance, and Unzoom gave me the right appearance! Hence my confusion. Now I get it... (I think).

This topic is 7243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.