Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP 7 Button Issues

richMac

This topic is 7185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Migrated several files from v6 to v7 on OS X and the buttons are all acting screwy. Most just turn solid black. Ran the v2 updater and no improvement. I've even tried creating new buttons and get the same thing. This is just unusable.

I did open the downloaded Business Tracker and the buttons there work fine and new buttons I create in that file work fine. This must have something to do with conversion but I cannot figure it out.

Has anyone else experienced this? confused.gif

Only time I have seen this is when using the technique to "shape" buttons by using a bunch of lines grouped together. A "normal" button or anything defined as a button that isn't a bunch of grouped lines seems to be fine after conversion.

This has been discussed in other threads and hopefully a fix for it is forthcoming.

SR

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I am having this same issue - i have had to recreate all of my buttons in 7. Still some of them do this - what I found was that i had to assign the button to an object without "graphics" or grouped lines on it, then it works.

I also got glitches when I tried to copy my imported 6 buttons - a red ciricle would appear in the upper left corner and would not go away unless I reopened 7. Weird.

This topic is 7185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.