Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Storing Finds Criterias - 2

This topic is 7120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

This is an update to a former article in this section.

Publishing a workable demo for this technique happened to be more tedious and time consuming than I originally thought, so pardon me if it isn't very transparent and fully working.

Though the files are fully unlocked for you to dissect.

I'm succesfully daily implementing this technique in 2 solutions I've been developing before 7 was launched.

Each steps in the SmartFind.fp5 file has a corresponding pdf file that dynamically opens up for some brief guidelines.

Two stored finds are now included in this demo, but because of System settings, you'd have to Save the following files as clones in order to test this solution with dates criterias B)

In the Addings folder :

- SmartFinds.fp5

- Criterias.fp5

In the Solution folder :

- Customer.fp5

- Invoice.fp5

SmartFinds acts as a mini application, exclusively designed for Finds, that you may safely drop into any solution folder.

A guideline pdf could be sent to you. It explains how to add it to your files.

Basically, 2 scripts, a few additional fields and 5 layouts is what you

SmartFindDemo.zip

• 3 months later...

i am looking for a way to capture criteria entered into a layout in Find mode

to display the criteria in a window

so a user can see their entries, especially when they create new find requests.

Our applicacation is in kiosk mode without status area or bars--all buttons and scripts. I downloaded SMARTFIND but am not sure if it is, in fact, a solution for my goal here...??? The description sounded like it may be. Looking at the databases and pdfs, i wonder if i am on the right track.

Thanks for any input.

Hi,

May be not the full version of it, which main goal was to store the find criterias for some shortcut finds.

However, if when in SmartFinds.fp5, you hit the chronograph icon where it says "QuickFinds", (or use the tab "Tools" and then QuickFinds), then you'd be able to perform a find, with as many requests as needed, and you will see each of the criteria and request entered, while buiding the "find".

Again, there are several errors in the demo which I didn't have the time to correct, mainly because I'm rethinking it for v7 now.

But the principals are there.

HTH

LOL,

HTH is Hope This Help wink.gif

Forum slang for sure, but I firstly thought your jlj was also some slang.

NP but W8, JIC BE4 I 4GET, WTH "jlj" means IOW, 4U or ANY1 else ?

GTG, GFC and C4N

=

No Problem but Wait, Just in case before I forget, What the Hell "jlj" means In other words, for you or anyone else ?

Got to Go, Go for Coffee and Ciao for now...

Be well

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.