MenuControl vs. Passwords/Privileges?

This topic is 7202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've got a question on when I'd want/need to use MenuControl and when I'd be able to just use FileMaker to achieve my goal. I want to remove (meaning "get rid of so they're not visible", not "disable") all menus in a runtime solution for Mac and Windows. After browsing the posts here I thought that there wasn't a way to do this in FileMaker itself, so started looking at MenuControl. Now after re-checking (with some different search terms) it seems that you can control this to some degree with FileMaker. I'm new to FileMaker and haven't set up any passwording or levels of access.

My question is, do I need to purchase MenuControl for this task? Or can I just use the built-in FileMaker tools? I'm confused as to what they can do. I'm using FileMaker 6.

Thanks for your help...

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

You cannot make unwanted FileMaker menus invisible. You can only dim them through FMP6 controls. You can remove them with resedit if you know how to use it but be careful your editing the base application structure. Otherwise your best solution is MenuControl. I have used it extensively and it works!

I also use MenuControl from Dacons International. You can make the menu bar look like anything you want it to. Each of my files that interface with the user have different menus according to the functions that each performs. It is an easy product to use and will totally change what your runtime will look like.

Steve

This topic is 7202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.