Deleting Blank Records

This topic is 8158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I created a file for users in my office to write memos. Each time a user accesses the file, they create a new record. The problem is that often they get distracted and have to return to another file, leaving a blank record in the memos file. We want to keep a log of memos but each time I go to the log I find myself having to delete all the blank records. What's the easiest way to avoid this problem?

Secondly, how can I set the print option to print current record only so that it stays there. I have a page setup command in my script but after I set it to print current record only it seems to return to print records being browsed.

I know these are very basic questions. Please forgive me. I love Filemaker, but am still a novice. Thanks

The best way is not to create a record until AFTER a memo has been created. Have the user enter the memo into global fields. After the memo is complete have them press a "Save" or "Submit" or whatever button. The button runs a script that creates a new record and copies the global field to the real field (use Set Field () not Copy and Paste).

For your script to save the single vs. multiple records, make sure your script has a "Page Setup (restore)" script step. Do a print and setup thing the way you wish, open the script, close the script, in the closing dialog select "Replace" for the Page Setup.

-bd

This topic is 8158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.