Containers in OSX: double clicking crashes

This topic is 7159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In prior versions, double-clicking a container field launched an audio recording function. Now in FM7, it unceremoniously crashes the whole program. Are sound clippings no longer supported at all? Trying to insert "Sound" from the menu also crashes FM7. On the other hand, using Insert Quicktime allows me to insert and then play an mp3 file. No mention of any of this in the manual's index. Has anyone had these issues?

Also, I can insert files like doc and PDF, but to open them requires me to go through a two step export process that saves the openable copy of the file somewhere else. I can't drag files, mp3s or pictures in or out (I used to be able to drag jpegs and sound clippings), nor open files by double clicking on their icon in the container.

I just find it kind of odd that these drag/drop/open and sound clippings features are available in a $40 program like NoteTaker and not FM7. Disappointed. I appreciate any feedback.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

An interesting insight - after a friend reported this problem running FMP v6.0v2, tests on my own Mac resulted in the same symptoms in FMP v6.0.4 and 7.0v2. Both Macs are running OS 10.3.5. What OS versions were you two running?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Thanks for replying, Ellsworth. I too am using OS X.3.5. and just realized that the recording problem extends to FM 6 as well as FM 7. Not sure if the FM 6 problem is a result of having FM 7 installed on the same computer or whether it's the upgrade from OS X.2 to OSX.3. The problem with FM 6 occurs even when FM 7 is not running.

This topic is 7159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.