Need help setting up reports...i'm new =(

AKira5284

This topic is 7225 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, so I'm completly new to all databases and so far it seems Like FM is the best one i have found. However, I cannot figurre out some of my own problems. So here is the problem:

I am trying to create a presenatble report for timesheet info. THat is this information is taken off of timesheets. So the main thing i am trying to do is add up hours. However, I have found no way to keep a running record of the hours so that it adds up all the entries. Maybe I'm overlooking it, but doe anyone have a solution so that i can take one field of numbers and just keep a running count? mad.gif and confused.gif

Ok...i figured out the whole running count problem. Now i have a new problem. I created a new layout and the preview looked great. However, when i performed a search for another job number, the layout was gone. ANy ideas as to why and how to fix it so the layout stay the same no matter what?

If your layout has a subsummary, you'll need to sort the records by the break field each time you change the found set and want to preview/print the report.

Script your finds and put a Sort [No dialog, Restore] step after the find, or put a button on the layout to 're-sort' and attach it to the Sort script step. To make it easy, sort the records manually, then create the Sort script or add the step to an existing script. It will default to use the last sort performed.

This topic is 7225 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.