Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Layout Mode Cursor-position and alignment problems

goanna300

This topic is 7201 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On transferring my Windows-built solution to client's OSX G4, several layout problems occur:

1) Cursor is impossible to place precisely; eg if I try to correct the word "contaact" by placing the cursor after the second "a" and deleting it, I may well delete the letter "c" or some other letter.

2) Aligned text in fields looks terrible in layout mode (ie not aligned as formatted), not much better in print preview mode, but OK on paper.

So I have to print everything to test alignment!

Steve

Hi, Steve! You may try changing the font a couple times to see if things improve. Fonts can have the same names but not be EXACTLY the same so you get adjustments. This happens with Word documents and stuff, too. I'm not sure why you'd have a font rendering/display problem unless it's trying to readjust itself or something, but hopefully changing fonts will help, anyway. Try a couple different fonts and see if the cursor is still funky, quit the db, and then try switching back to the font you originally wanted.

Sometimes you can also get mismatched output when you try to use BOLD or ITALIC when you do not have those fonts/typefaces installed for that font family. The computer tries to compensate using spacing and can sometimes allow you to fake it using a faux-bold or comptuer-generated bold (like double-printed).

These may or may not help but might be worth investigating...

--ST

This topic is 7201 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.