Number of users

Sanjay

This topic is 7207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I apologize for asking a question at a very basic level. Could someone please let me know how many files can be hosted by FMServer 5.5 and FMServer 7 simultaneosly?. And how many users can work on the same fp5 file simultaneously if we are using Filemaker Pro 5.0?

Also, there used to be a link in filemaker pro website to compare each the latest filemaker pro product(now it is 7) with any old product. Is that link feature still there? If yes, then could you please let me know the location.

Thanks,

--Sanjay

Thanks for your reply. But could you also specify if 125 files are for FMServer 7 or for FMServer 5.5. Also, is there any limitation on the number of users working on a paritular fp5 file? Where can I find such information?

Hi, Sanjay! Thanx for the Pr.Msg. but I'm afraid I don't have FM Server or any FM7 products so didn't have much to contribute to this thread and had skipped it earlier. However, there used to be a page in FileMaker, Inc.'s website that compared all the old versions up to 6 and I would think they would have updated it to include 7, but I no longer have the URL handy.... I think I posted it once, though.

Your best bet to get your answers is probably going to be FM, Inc. itself. Poke around the official site and check out their knowledge base. You can even try giving them a call. If you find your answers, post them here and maybe you'll help the next guy.

Good luck!

--ST

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I apologize for taking some more time of yours. I am using Filemaker Pro 5 at present. Can you give some help with this version. I am planning to migrate all my applications into FM7 but that will take a while. Hey Steve, along with the answer about number of users, could you please also give me some information if you know about Filemaker Pro certification. I heard about it in an email from Filemaker Pro. But do you know how exactly can we prepare for it since I will use FMP 7 for the first time.

Thanks,

--Sanjay

This topic is 7207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.