Keep subsummary and body together

Jacob22x

This topic is 1593 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Perhaps this issue has been dealt with before, but I couldn't find anything in the posts about it. Does anyone know if it is possible to tell FileMaker to keep the subsummary and the body together? I never want to have a page that only has the subsummary without the body with it, but I also don't want to make every subsummary break a new page. Any help?

Maybe I don't understand, but couldn't you just find all records that have a body part beforehand? Probably there is some other data that you would lose if you did that?

Maybe do a calc to see if empty? Then find/sort/print?

--Tripod

Perhaps I didn't present my problem well - it's a simple problem, just for printed out reports. The problem is that the subsummary part of my report is like a header that we always want grouped on the same page as the body that the subsummary relates to. I've attached a picture that shows the problem - the header information for item 1-3, which is a subsummary, is printed at the bottom of page 1, while the information that pertains to item 1-3, which is the body, shows up on the next page.

ReportExample.jpg

• 15 years later...
  • Newbies

Jacob,

I realize you posted this question over 15 years ago.  Strange that I was still able to find it.  I am having the exact same problem and I looked it up on line and found your post.  I am now using filemaker 18 and I think the problem still exists.  I could not find any way to keep the subheader with the body it pertains to on the same page.  If you happen to see this, would you mind telling me how you solved the problem if you were indeed able to?

Thanks,

Shelley

This topic is 1593 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.