qualifications for filemaker pro 4.0

This topic is 7206 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am wanting to know if File Maker PRO 4.0 needs MS Fox Pro Files to run. Because I'm being charged for Ms fox Pro files to be on my computer and I don't know why it is there. I didn't think it had anything to do with File Maker Pro.

Please update your profile by using the link below your Name "profile" to reflect the Platform, OS, and version of FileMaker.

FileMaker Pro is a Full application and requires no other programs or files to run.

AFAIK, M$ Fox Pro is a separate database and doesn't require FMP either.

In fact, I have never heard of the situation that you are describing.

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

A computer place we went to loaded Fox Pro files on my computer and won't tell me why they are charging us like $300 for it. And I can't even find the application loaded on my computer, but thanks for the info you gave me.

Tanya

I think Foxbase was gobbled up my Microsoft and then either eliminated or morphed into Access. Someone probably migrated to FileMaker Pro 4.0 (good choice!) and then just left that other app sitting there. I can't imagine why someone would charge you for that old app, though, especially recurring fees. If they charge you for FM4.0, I think you could pick it up cheap yourself on the internet.

--ST

I hate to point fingers, but if what you describe is accurate, it may be that the computer shop you went to is inept, crooked, or both. (I'm going to be charitable and say inept.)

Fox Pro is most definitely a separate program. The only thing it shares with Filemaker Pro are the letters "F", "P", "R", and "O".

J

This topic is 7206 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.