Server Maintenance This Week. ×

color coding in calculations and scripts

This topic is 7151 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've found that I like to see these colored in pairs, [color:"red"]{ } , [color:"green"]( ) , and [color:"blue"][ ] . This kind of coloring could help my eyes out when I create long calculations. One comparison would be in Excel, the parentheses color themselves in pairs. So you can find which pair matches up easier.

Or am I just really bad at making sure I have ending brackets to all my opening brackets? wink.gif

On a Mac, I use BBEdit sometimes to do this. BBEdit and TextWrangler both have a feature called Balance in them that will highlight the opposite bracket (from either end) along with the data in between them. There is a product that suppose to be a lot like BBEdit (I think it is TextPad) for windows, that has a lot of the same features as BBEdit (such as the ability to use Grep Patterns for Finds and Replaces), but whether it can show "Balance Brackets" or not, I don't know.

HTH

Lee cool.gif

I use TextPad in Windows. I set up a special language class for FMP and a library of all the functions in v6 and v7. That way I can colorize them and simply click on a fuction to insert it. TextPad does not have the balancing that Lee speaks of. (Not that I have found anyhow.)

• 1 month later...

Turn off wrapping in the calculation editor (allow horizontal scrolling)

Allow real tabbing (not type in 5 spaces to emulate a tab)

Allow auto indent (ie don't go back to left margin after return if I am tabbed in three levels)

and of course, color coding (even pick up colors of TOs from Relationship diagram)

Please. Pretty Please.

This topic is 7151 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.