Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Show Window what??? HIDDEN!

LaRetta

This topic is 7154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are networked (not with Server) and won't be for another two weeks. Yes, I'm counting the days. We have Opener file which performs subscript to host file. For some reason, the opener - after asking for password to main file, displays nothing. I found out why ... in the menu Window > Show Window - the host file is listed. It was HIDDEN!!!!

Upon clicking it, the file opens fine but I want to fix this!!! I have searched the shortcuts, opener file and main files and can find nowhere that this default setting exists! I don't ever use hide window in any script. Can someone point me to where this setting is controlled? I double-checked our startup script in both the Opener and Startup in host file and there is no hide window.

I've used Windows since vs. 1 - never used Show Window! crazy.gif We have computers with all different settings (brand new computers) on a newly implemented network. I have no idea where else to look. Assistance is most appreciated. smirk.gif

LaRetta

Maybe the problem is more that in version 7 many steps that automatically switched files or layouts in 6 don't. Often a Select Window (CurrentWindow) in the targetted file's script will do the trick. Or choose an External layout in Go To Related Record when you go there. We don't know what step you're using in Opener.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 7154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.