running a script to view current record in preview mode

This topic is 8094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I want to set up a script that will change layouts from browse to preview and bring up the record that was being browsed. Every time I set up a script, the record that the script previews is the first record in the database. How do I tell the script that I want the current record to be previewed?

Thanks,

Constance

I basically want to make people's life easier by running a script that will take the current record, put it into a different layout in preview mode so that they can check to make sure it looks fine and then print it.

eg. A person enters a new invoice in layout 1 where there are a lot of other fields besides what needs to be printed. The person wants to preview the invoice before printing it out to make sure all the data is there or correct etc.

At least 2 ways to do this.

First one is to isolate the record you want, switch layouts, go to preview mode. Doing that destroys the rest of the found set however. But it does work.

Another is to make a shadow file. This is a file with one record that is related to the invoices file. It has all the related fields from invoices arrayed as you want them to print. The relationships is established by setting a value in a key field (global field) in the shadow file that will match a unique value in an invoice record. When that is done the dta are displayed and can be printed.

HTH

Old Advance Man

This topic is 8094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.