Screen/Layout Refreshing Across Files

RSpisketts

This topic is 7181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Just when I thought all my problems had been solved forever...

Enclosed is a small attachment that best illustrates my problem (if you run it but see no problem, please tell me anyway).

My main file (Main.fp7) has a startup routine that executes a script to go to a layout in another file (Help.fp7). It goes to the layout in the other file, but leaves a visible reminder of the opening layout in the main file.

It appears that part of the non-client area of the original layout has NOT been removed from the screen.

I can find nothing regarding this in the product errata. Has anybody seen anything like it ? confused.gif

{FM Developer 7 running on Windows 2000, SP4}

Thanks,

Roger.

Test.zip

Are these new files? That Help file seems to have something odd going on with its layouts. It took awhile to refresh when going into Layout Mode. Try creating a new file and using it instead.

Hi,

Yes, I did use a pre-existing help.fp7 file.

So, I have created another help.fp7 file from scratch (that's both files new and untarnished) and the problem has not gone away.

You didn't mention if you had seen the problem or not ?

Thanks,

Roger.

Attachment: Zip file with Main.fp7 and (new) Help.fp7 files - Open Main.fp7 to see the problem.

This is probably nothing to do with the problem, but after I'd re-installed FileMaker there was a Server.pem file that I don't remember being there the last time - should this be there for a stand-alone installation ?

Test.zip

Try adding Adjust Window [Restore] before the Adjust Window [Maximize] step or only using Adjust Window [Restore].

The Server.pem file appears to be a certificate and is also present on my system.

This topic is 7181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.