tokens and scripts!

This topic is 8066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

Is it possible to tell a script to do a find on

[FMP-currenttoken:2]. Basically my orderID is token 2, which I'm carrying around and the script has to find a record and print it out on the click of an "order item" button.

Thanks in Advance.

If the script issues a Print script step, it'll print out at the *server* end, not the client browser end. Is that what you want?

BTW, Mentioning "scripts" and CDML in the same breath is a bit like a Monty Python sketch: strange people are going to pop-out from everywhere predicting doom.

Nih!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I haven't visited this forum for quite a while. So I'm going to pop-out here.

Yes there are problems with running scripts over the web. They have to do with the single-thread engine which reads ScriptMaker scripts receiving near-simultaneous requests from the multi-threaded www. Data gets lost and clients get mis-informed. It can happen.

As anyone who has constructed a FMPro solution hosted over a LAN knows, a multi-user environment can cause the same problem with scripts.

No developer should ignore this issue. It is real and serious.

Now the plug. I am the originator of a workaround to this problem on the www. If you are interested you can learn more at:

http://www.simplifyfm.com:591/

If you think you will ever be called upon to publish a FMPro solution over the www, you should start reading the threads in the Internet Forums today. There are plenty of issues around FMPro on the www. You should be aware of them.

[ February 26, 2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Keith M. Davie ]

This topic is 8066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.