Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Oops, locked out! switching users help?

JonRb

This topic is 7283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Well, I'm a bit of an FM newb and I managed to lock myself out of my database. I made an administrator account, but I can't find any way to log into it. The database is set to automatically load a limited "guest" account and I can't find anything in the manual or help file that tells me how to switch users. I assume there is SOME way of calling up a logout or new login dialogue, right?

I should add that when i go to the only place I can where "user" can be changed, under preferences (in FM7pro), I can change the user to anything I want with no results. The default admin account and the "administrator" account I made don't prompt for passwords at all and stay in guest privileges mode.

There is a "Re-Login" script step, so you can make your own button if you like.

To get back in to your file, change your "File Options" setting to not specify an auto-login. On a Mac, you can also hold down the option key while choosing "Open File..." and you'll get a password dialog.

Hi Jon, welcome to FM Forums!!

And holding down [shift] works on Windows to force the login prompt. Please update your profile with your OS, if you would be so kind. It will help us to better assist you. It's right under your name as a blue link. smile.gif

Opps, the blue links are temporarily gone. You can update it in your profile (top, left of screen called My Home). But I'll bet you have other things on your plate that feel a bit more critical right now. crazy.gif

• Newbies

Ah, that did the trick!

I guess keyboard shortcuts was the only place I didn't look. You'd think it wouldn't have killed claris or whoever makes FM to add a "change user" option somewhere? I've literally spent 3 hours trying to figure this out and was on the verge of recreating the whole database ... frown.gif

Thanks for the all the help!

This topic is 7283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.