Script to Print records in different colors

This topic is 8092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I can't figure out how to tell filemaker to print, or re-create in my layouts ,one group of records (members) in one color and another group (nonmembers) in a different color. (The records are all in one color now.) Any suggestions? Can it be done?

depends on what you want different colours.

I think i can be done. Heres a idea.

-use a script to print

-make 2 of whatever you want in different colour

-put the the twin items exactly ontop of each other

-don't use an transparency in them

-between the print script have a Go to Field step

that will bring the field to the front, and hopfully print on top. might not though, because FM prints differently then it shows on screen.

there might be an easy way, but i'm not sure if i understand you problem right. good luck.

Do you want to print the text in different colors or a background in different colors?

To print the text in different colors you need two more fields for each field that can be a different color. For instance, let's say you want to print the FullName field in green if they are a member and in red if they aren't.

Create a field called FullNameRed which is a calculation field with a text result. Set it to the following, where IsMember is 1 if they are a member and 0 if they aren't.

Case(

My first thought on your question, but it may not work for your situation:

If these are printed in a group and you only want the text in different color, do a find of "Members" go to layout with text in color #1 and print, find ""nonmembers", go to layout with text in color #2 and print. You can put the Members or Non members as part of your search. If this is a scripted search you can use two find sub scripts to do the finds from within the master script.

This topic is 8092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.