Tabs on Layouts

Mike G

This topic is 7170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This may seem elementary to most of you but I'm new to FM7. Is there a good tutorial or book that would explain how to add or create "tabs" on a layout. Something along the lines of the Personnel Records layout template that comes with FM7. If I wanted to add another tab to the 3 that already exist I don't even know where to start and exploring the layout it's not intuitive to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated because this knowledge could be used on many other layouts in the future. Thanks... I do enjoy this forum by the way.

I'm confused by that. I don't want to set the tab order. I wanted to know how to add an additional TAB... i.e. Position or Personal Info or Emergency Info. A TAB that shows additional information about the item in the main part of the layout.

The tabs you are referriig to are called buttons. Go to the layout mode. In the view menu click on the Show Buttons. All buttons on the layout will be marked by a gray frame arround them. If you double click on a button in the layout mode you will get a dialog box that tells what the button does.

Notice that only 2 of the 3 tabs are buttons. They are set to take the user to other layouts.

Use the help file to learn about buttons.

Funny. OK, design all your layouts with the same "tab" structure. Only one will be active at any time. I use a color scheme so that the currently active tab is the same color as the active layout; the other tabs are a different color.

This topic is 7170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.