Server Maintenance This Week. ×

My first database ever

I_D

This topic is 7149 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

I just bough FM Dev version and should arrive tomorrow at my office so I'm using the trial. I think the program from what I read sounds neat but I don't know anything about this program.

I decided to go with Filemaker after convincing my boss that sorting and making calcs on several workbooks within Excel covering several thousands of records wasn't the most efficient way to go about things.

Well, now he is going to expect me to create a forecasting and project management system that can track all of these things with a relational database. I love the idea and the project but I'm not so sure how long it would take me to develop something like this.

I have a good background in coding, business models structures and data manipulation but this is my first time ever creating a database.

What's your feedback as to how a newbie should go about doing this. Is there a developer group in the Fort Lauderdale area that I can join in?? What's the best print material for me to get started? Is the learning curve in Filemaker as complicated as learning something like Flash actionscript?

Thanks in advance for your answers

I_D

This topic is 7149 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.