Insert Picture Command

This topic is 8064 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm making progress in my problem, but i'm stuck with another hurdle. I'm trying to insert a picture into a container with the filename based off of a prior field.

So here's what i have in script maker

Go to Field ["Pci"]

Insert Picture ["Field goes here"]

Right now if i specify i can only pic one file. I want it to pull the record "pic1" and make it go to fileisherepic1.jpg

Ideas?

• Newbies

I have exactly the same problem. Which is the plug-in that I need to use to solve it?

quote:

Originally posted by nightdesigns:

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

It can be done with an AppleScript, but a better solution is a FM plug-in. Take a look at the Troi File plug-in at

-bd

Thanks, that worked. It was a little confusing, but they have a good digest just for their plug-ins and i got it figured out.

quote:

Originally posted by njal:

[QB]I have exactly the same problem. Which is the plug-in that I need to use to solve it?

I used the Troi File Plug-in 2.2.

here is the script i use to execute it, be ware of the placement of the spaces, it can mess ya up a bit.

you need a global field of "gErrorCode" which is text.

Set Field ["gErrorCode",External("TrFile-ReferenceToClip","-unused|Jdx7701ebay-pics" & Picture #1 & ".JPG")"]

then a simple If then

If ["gErrorCode = 0"]

Paste [select, "Picture 1 Preview"]

End If.

Repeat for multiple pictures. "Picture #1" and "Picture 1 Preview" are fields of mine. "Picture 1 Preview" is a container for a graphic.

• Newbies

For some reason the script I am using does not work. I get a $$-1 error in the gErrorCode global field (which is text). I do not know where the mistake is? Any ideas? I will really appreciate them.

Set Field ["gErrorCode",External("TrFile-ReferenceToClip","-unused|C:My DocumentsMuseo Larco" & Codigo & ".jpg")"]

If ["gErrorCode = 0"]

Paste [select, "Multimedia 1"]

End If.

quote:

quote:

[QB]I have exactly the same problem. Which is the plug-in that I need to use to solve it?

here is the script i use to execute it, be ware of the placement of the spaces, it can mess ya up a bit.

Set Field ["gErrorCode",External("TrFile-ReferenceToClip","-unused|Jdx7701ebay-pics" & Picture #1 & ".JPG")"]

then a simple If then

If ["gErrorCode = 0"]

End If.

Repeat for multiple pictures. "Picture #1" and "Picture 1 Preview" are fields of mine. "Picture 1 Preview" is a container for a graphic.

• Newbies

Ok, I solved it. It was because of the spaces in the subdirectory names. Many thanks. Njal.

quote:

For some reason the script I am using does not work. I get a $$-1 error in the gErrorCode global field (which is text). I do not know where the mistake is? Any ideas? I will really appreciate them.

Set Field ["gErrorCode",External("TrFile-ReferenceToClip","-unused|C:My DocumentsMuseo Larco" & Codigo & ".jpg")"]

If ["gErrorCode = 0"]

Paste [select, "Multimedia 1"]

End If.

quote:

quote:

then a simple If then

If ["gErrorCode = 0"]

End If.

This topic is 8064 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.