Converting to FMP7

Sanjay

This topic is 7152 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Everyone,

I know that most of the people in this group of this forum have already moved to Filemaker Pro 7. Could someone please share with me what you referred to while conversion and how much time actually it took for few of you guys to convert from your old versions of filemaker pro (I use 5.0 and have three databases of 10 fp5 files each with 5000 records in each file) to filemaker pro 7. This would help me in giving a good time estimate and simultaneously I will start the conversion process. I have already downloaded all the related pdf files and I have started referring to them. Please share with me some of your experiences in this conversion process.

Thanks for your time and help,

--Sanjay

It's completely automatic to change the fp5 file format to the fp7 file format. However, if you want to convert files into tables you will need a program like FM Migrator. And you will also have to manually change your programs to take advantage of all the new features of FM7.

Thanks for your reply. I checked FM Migrator. Is there any free of cost utility available from Internet or from Filemaker Pro. I found many issues related to FM Migrator and FM Robot when I searched on this forum.

Has anyone migrated the files into tables manually? How much effort does this take? If someone could share your experiences on the transfer of field definitions, layouts, scripts, creation of relationships, it would be very helpful for me to decide on whether to go for manually or use soom tool.

Please let me know your reply.

Thanks,

--Sanjay

This topic is 7152 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.