Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Minimizing FM

This topic is 7125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a script function that will minimize FM 6 to the taskbar, when running under Windows (2000 or XP)? The Toggle Window function will minimize the window associated with the file being opened, but I'd like to have FM itself, the software, end up on the taskbar when running a specialized opener file.

Steve Brown

Not sure if this is what you want: Right-click XP/2000 desktop icon for FMP | Properties | Shortcut | Run Minimized

If this were a runtime, the opener file would run (even with the application minimized). But for a regular file...

That's a good tip. I'll give it a try tomorrow. What I have is an FM6 db containing name & address info. The Win2K box is running the UPS Worldship software (we ship several hundred packages a day). Worldship is Access-based and we have figured out how to get it to acquire an address from the FM db via ODBC. The problem is, FM has to be running on the same machine as Worldship & this db (which lives elsewhere on the network) has to be open for it to work.

The user running Worldship doesn't ever need to see FM. FM should dwell down in the taskbar all the time. It would be cleaner if it would open minimized, rather than having the user manually minimize it every time.

I'll try your technique. I have a desktop shortcut that starts up FDM & opens an opener which in turn opens the address file. I was hoping that the opener script could send FM itself to the taskbar as its final task before closing itself.

Steve Brown

This topic is 7125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.