Server Maintenance This Week. ×

login and password for each user

This topic is 7118 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

so I have a database of about 27 contacts people. I want to make a login and password for each these and have the user only able to see or edit there own information and then use instant web posting. from what I read i have use scripts is this the right path. thanks for any help.

Presumably each of the 27 people would have their own record in your database. Upon login, you could have a script which takes them to their own record. The script step is Go to Record/Request/Page by calculation. Your calculation would be based on account name. You should hide the status area so that they cannot go to other records. You'll need a button for exit, etc.

That isn't that secure. There's nothing stopping the user from pressing Ctrl-Up or Ctrl-Down to go to other records. You should make one privilege set with View Records privelege set to a calculation that says "Get(AccountName) = Record Owner"

Record Owner is a field in the table that is set to whichever username owns that record. Every user should belong to that Privilege Set.

This topic is 7118 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.