Matching Fields and Placing Fields

This topic is 7095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

I'm making a database for my company, but I'm not really a computer guy, so I'm sort of faking it. smile.gif

The problem that I'm having is the following:

I have six tables that all need to be related to each other by the field 'Construct Number' (and some of the tables need additional matches based on date). And indeed in the relationship chart, I can set all the Construct Numbers in each table to match each other.

But when I try to insert a field from the Construct Table in another layout, the field simply is blank, as though it's not making the match and therefore not matching the records from each of the tables.

Is there something totally basic that I might be missing? It doesn't appear to be that I've set some of the 'Construct Number' fields as Text and others as Numbers.

Any help?

*edit*

I've attached a Jpeg showing the relationships of the tables. I'm hoping this will help clarify the situation. What I want to do is use the Primary Gene field from the Construct Table in the basic layout for Transfection Table when the Construct Number of each of the tables match. Which I thought I'd done... but I think I'm missing something...

Thanks,

Barrestin

FileMakerRelationship.JPG

This topic is 7095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.