Server 7.0v2 released

This topic is 7084 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

As of right now, Tuesday October 26, 2004, 12:26PM EST the Mac version of the Server 7 update has been pulled from Filemaker's website. I had tried to install the update yesterday on a test server machine I'm using but the installer program displayed unintelligible text so rather than proceed I cancelled the install. I reported the problem to Filemaker. Hopefully it's something minor and they'll re-release the update soon.

I don't know all the changes that it makes but I do know that they made some major changes to the external authentication. It now works like it should! The documents have to be somewhere because I was talking to tech support yesterday and he was reading a list of the fixes. Maybe it is only an internal document though.

John

I don't know all the changes that it makes but I do know that they made some major changes to the external authentication. It now works like it should! The documents have to be somewhere because I was talking to tech support yesterday and he was reading a list of the fixes. Maybe it is only an internal document though.

John

How about that!

Among the changes are support for UPN and UNC syntax, domain groups within local groups, and removing the "Log on as service" requirements for Accounts that are not domain members.

Lots of good stuff.

Another quick q.

Where do we submit bugs online, cannot find it on the fm website??. It seems that this version also has a problem with odbc_exec and odbc_do. I have tried this on mySQL and now on fmsa7v2 again with same version of php and mySQL odbc returns the data whereas the filemaker odbc is bugy.

DB Admin

Beware: The Server 7.0v2 updater failed for me several times (even though the installer said "Success").

To get the update to stick, I had to make a backup copy of my data, then deleting the the FileMaker Server folders (in both /Applications and /Library), and reinstalling 7.0 from the CD-ROM. After this, the updater worked.

You can see if your update worked in the Admin console, it will say either 7.0v1 or 7.0v2.

This topic is 7084 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.