Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PHP and ODBC

This topic is 7120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am writing my own PHP library that interfaces to FM7 via ODBC. If anyone is interested in this let me know. I hope to make this eventually publically avaiable.

Right now I am interested in folks working together to make it better.

Thanks

DB Admin

Would you be writing an ODBC driver yourself? Not that I'm qualified to help on that end, but I can say that the ODBC driver that comes with FM is so slow that anything you do with it end us being unworkable. If you write a new one that is workable, I'm sure a lot of folks would be interested.

Dan

"Would you be writing an ODBC driver yourself?"

Not me; I'm not that good

My programming knowledge falls way off after DB theory and Web based languages.

As I understand it the idea is to make library of PHP functions for FMP ODBC calls.

We're slowly reaching that conclusion on FMP's driver as well, but as I've only been able to test it locally, I'm still clinging to the (false?) hope that it will function better in conjunction with the server. As soon as we figure out what we're doing wrong with the server plug-in we'll make that call.

Nope, not writing a ODBC driver, (there are number of companies doing it) but a library of calls as mentioned in the previous post. I did notice it is slow, but for what we are doing it should be good enough. The idea is to modularize and get away from webfm which we were using.

Also, i did manage to find a huge that I think is a bug. Beware on selects of 35+ fields. The data disappears.

Lec

This topic is 7120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.