Correct # of portal rows, incorrect record though

rdhaden

This topic is 7119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an FM7 file I'm trying to convert from 2 FM6, turning 2 files into 2 tables in one file. I have 2 tables, PayrollEmployees and PayrollLineItems. I have a self-join relationship called InFoundSet, cOne (of PayrollLineItems, a constant = 1) matched to boolInFoundSet (a number field toggled by script between 1 and 0)

so the InFoundSet relationship is cOne = boolInFoundSet, both fields from the PayrollLineItems table.

On a layout in the context of PayrollLineItems, I have a portal showing records from InFoundSet. There are 2 fields in a portal row, InFoundSet::cdEventDate and InFoundSet::ctEventName. This portal seems to show the correct number of rows (i.e. as many portal rows as there are records in PayrollLineItems with boolInFoundSet = 1), but they all show the cdEventDate and ctEventName of the first matching record. The fields are one pixel below and one pixel to the right of the top left corner of the portal.

Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong?

In trying to strip it down for you, I think I figured out where the problem is. It's in my field definitions for cdEventDate and ctEventName. I think I need to find some instructional reading on what the heck context means in field definitions. Thanks for the help.

This topic is 7119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.