Perform find from drop down field need help

smith

This topic is 7111 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a simple report card database and when the teacher logs in, the choose their name from a drop down list in the current teacher field and find their students. How do I prevent them from possibly changing the current teacher in the found set and adding one of their students to another teacher in the drop down list. I am only a beginner and am worried about teachers inadvertently changing the teacher information. Is there a way to lock that field after the records are found? FM 6 (schools are using 6,5.5 and 5.0) confused.gif

You can also restrict modification of the Teacher field via boolean calc in extended privileges so Teachers can not change the Teacher field unless it's theirs (in which case, why would they want (or need) to; or eliminate the real Teacher field and attach your popup to a global text instead (and use that in your Find). It wouldn't matter if they changed the field.

In vs. 7, you can disallow entry to Browse but allow Find (in Field Behavior). It's a nice addition, I think. wink.gif

LaRetta

This topic is 7111 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.