Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script opens 2nd copy of related DB

This topic is 7132 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have just deployed 13 FMPro 5.5 databases onto a FMServer 5.5 (server running on OS 9). The clients run on both OS X and OS 9.

I have set up various scripts throughout all 13 DBs that take the user to and fro between related DBs by using external scripts. These external scripts basically call a script in the related DB to go to a particular Layout. I call these scripts "Go To Related Layout ..." or something to that effect. The originating script will also perform a Toggle Window (hide) function on the first database to clean up the user experience.

The problem I have now is, that when the user clicks on a button that executes one of these "Go To Related Layout" scripts, a brand new copy of the related DB opens instead of just using the version that is already open but hidden.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happenning?

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I saved the sharing on all DBs except the main DB as "Multi-User (Hidden)"?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you have more than one FM file with the same name on your network, which is not a good thing. You should compress any clones or copies that use the same names.

This topic is 7132 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.