Find Mode layout + options checkboxes

Mandu

This topic is 7116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm scripting a Find by going to a special layout, Enter Find Mode [Pause], having them key in the criteria, press return, and Perform Find.

I'd like for the Find Mode layout to present a few options: namely, Omit, and {Replace|Constrain|Extend}, which I can check prior to executing Perform Find.

I first tried creating a layout field that mapped to a global, formatted by radio buttons, etc., but in Find Mode the buttons are inoperative. I'm not surprised, since in Find Mode you're not editing a record, but I wondered if anyone knew of a way to do what I'm trying to do?

Many thanks,

Chap

Lee,

Thanks for the pointer. I learned a good deal from it (and still have a bunch of questions about it). But I got my Find layout working the way I wanted to.

In a nutshell, buttons are the way to go: a button runs a script that sets a global that is displayed on the Find layout. With the proper overlaying tricks it can be made to look like you're clicking a radio button and so forth. For some reason I had assumed that buttons would not work in Find mode!

Thanks again.

Chap

This topic is 7116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.