Server Maintenance This Week. ×

general questions need answers thanks!

This topic is 7116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hey guys, this list of questions may seem daunting, but i have only 2 months experience with FMPro 7 and need some answers. here goes....

I believe i am accessing 20% of what FMpro7 has to offer me, i work for a professional/global photographer and we are using FMPro7 to catalogue his photos into some cohesive database. I have over 2000 photos as of today, but this number is going to exceed 10,000... There is an internet site for the artist, and at some point we'd like to integrate our database with the website for eventual sales of the photos......(That is some background)

1. Has FMP been adapted for website photo searches?

2. What databases are devoloped for museums? Who authors such an expansive database?

3. Does FMP7 have a size limit? I'm told yes and no by a few accounts.

4. Can we port to other databases so all 4 of the home computers can read FMP at once? Would we need a server at this point? Even as a read-only program?

5. On our home edition of FMP is it possible to select and make a CD and/or email from selections w/in FMP7?

I have read other postings and got some answers, but these are still the troublesome ones. thanks any and all for your replies.

1. Use IWP to put you database on the Web.

2. --

3. 64 quadrillion records per file; 4 GB per container field; 8 terabytes maximum file size (p. 21 of Using FileMaker 7).

4. For four computers, you can do Peer-to-Peer OK.

5. Yes.

This topic is 7116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.