Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script using the FMP-LinkRecID

This topic is 7110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FMP-LinkRecID but wat to execute the script when the link is clicked.

<input name="[FMP-LinkRecID:format=orientation.htm,layout=web]" type="button" onClick="MM_goToURL('parent','[FMP-LinkRecID:format=orientation.htm,layout=web]');return document.MM_returnValue" value="Orientation">

Can I add the script or the script.presort on the link. Thank you

Can you? Yes.

Now the real question is should you?

ScriptMaker is a single-threaded engine. It handles one event at a time and does not queue requests made when an event is running. This causes problems in a web based environment should multiple near-simultaneous requests be made on any script. To further complicate things, CDML in and of itself does not recognize event failures and will misinform your clients. This can cause a loss of data unless you have someone physically watching your db files every minute of the day.

As to script.presort or prefind; these are, at best, ineffective on the www.

The good news about running a ScriptMaker event on the web is that any novice should be able to develop a work-around to make ScriptMaker an effective tool with many, but not all scripts. I know because I did that as a novice. The bad news is I am not selling that solution. I offered it but no one wanted it. And it won't work with you presort anyhow. But you can work out the solution yourself within 480 hours if you concentrate only on that solution.

Or you can discover other ways to accomplish that which you desire through creative thinking and hard work based on your understanding of the CDML Reference db.

Have fun. smile.gif

Thank your Keith M. Davie, for your response. Do you have any recomendation as to how I can accomplish this. thanks. The script connects to an oracle db by jdbc and requests data to be updated and then post on the web.

Thank you

This topic is 7110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.