users presses btn in find mode, how to stop them?

J__

This topic is 7085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Suppose that you have a layout, which you've created to Find a list of composers. It's just like customers, you get the idea. For convenience, on that form are 3 buttons - [back to Main View], [Cancel], [save] and [Print]

from the 'Main View' you have a find button there, user clicks that and they are taken to the layout I'm describing above (find_composer). when the layout appears, they are in find mode. The user 'may' decided "you know what, I'm just going back, i don't even want to find". The user presses [back to Main View] - however, my find script is sitting there waiting for the user to enter criteria and press enter to find something!.... turns out you click the [back to Main View] button and it goes back - but your now in Find mode lala land... Any suggestions on how to get around this?

I've considered putting some if/then check under each button to say "Your in find mode, you must complete find" and exit that button script, but what if they just want to cancel?

thanks for your help in advance,

Sincerely,

J__

Assuming your current buttons call scripts your can use the get window mode function to control behaviour. For instance at the beginning of your return to main script do something like this:

If [ Get ( WindowMode ) = 1 ]

Enter Browse Mode

ExitScript

End If

Below te End If continue with your original script.

Rod

This topic is 7085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.