Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP6-Is this realistic to use FMP6 for many users?

This topic is 7106 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'm using FileMaker 6 (not the Unlimited Version) and I would like to know if it is realistic to use that product with FX.php to make a website that will be browsed by many users (for example, 20 users at the same time, or 50 users at the same time).

What do you think about ?

We use FM6 Server at work with about 50 users. No problems to speak of. To serve data to the web you'll need FM Unlimited or you'll run into the user limit, which I think is 10 unique IP's in a 12 hour period. Or something like that. Don't quote me. So I don't think that it is realistic for 20 to 50 users. You are probably better off getting FM7Server Advanced and using that with FX, or doing like Steve does and get a copy of FM4 which didn't have the limit.

Dan

Ok guys, I understand well that restrictions, so my question is more about ???

"Is Filemaker Pro 6" (not the Unlimited or the Server version) is able to serve correctly a website it will be accessed many and many times, by many users at the same time (not like google, but it can have some peak with 20 users at the same time on the website doing search) . Is Filemaker Pro 6 strong enough ?

If not, will it be more realistic if we'll migrate to the unlimited or the unlimited is only differencied by the number of users restriction?

Else, need I to migrate to the FM AS 7 ?

This topic is 7106 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.