Portal - Scripting Problem

flyzone

This topic is 7104 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Recently I built a DB using the FileMaker Business Tracker solution as a template. (I'm just at the beginning) but I can't solve a problem using a script on a portal.

This is the situation. On the "Company" layout I have a portal from the "Contact" table that display the name of people working for the company. My intention is to click on the contact name on the portal in order to get more details (phone, mail, email etc).

To do this I imported the script from the FM Business Tracker file and adapted it to my settings.

The Script works fine. The Contact Details windows open but the record displayed is always the first one from the contact list. I'm sure that some parameters are wrong but I can't figure out what due to my inexperience.

Hope someone can give me some suggestions.

Thanks,

Fly

cool.gif

Make sure Go to Related Record [show only related, "yourrelationship] is the first step in your script before Commit Record or any other steps that take focus away from the portal.

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to build a simple script using the Go to Related Record [show only related, "yourrelationship] but in this case the record that the new windows is showing is always the first one on the portal. So if I click on the third name the info for the first name on the portal will show up.

Fly

As I said, GTRR needs to be the first step. You're opening a new window first, so you lose your place on the Company layout and the first related record becomes the default. Instead, use the New window option in the GTRR step.

It looks pretty good to me. I would suggest doing away with the Insert and Clear steps and using Set Field instead though.

Insert Current Date [Companies::Notes]

Insert Text [Companies::Notes; " - "]

Insert Current Time [Companies::Notes]

can be changed to

Set Field [Companies::Notes; Companies::Notes & Case( not IsEmpty(Companies::Notes);

This topic is 7104 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.