Locked out of file

This topic is 7043 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi!

I have a solution with a db file with all the tables, a business logic file and several UI files. I opened one of the larger UI files and turned on IWP. Seemed to work fine. Closed it and then decided to rename it. And now I'm locked out of it! Just using one username and password (admin with full access). I managed to provoce this behaviour with other files as well. Couple of days work went down the drain, guess I must blame myself for not having a backup. Is this something anyone have experienced before (and I don't mean sloppy BU routines)?

Regards!

I tried to repeat part of this. I did not turn on IWP. I made a simple file with 1 table. Assigned password. Closed file. Renamed file in finder. Opened file with password. Worked fine. Did you rename other files also?

I had the same thing happen to me today. It freaked me out. I wasn't even working in that file and now all of a sudden I needed a password to access it. I didn't put the password in and the only way to get access to the file was put in a backup from 4 days ago. It really concerned me as I wasn't even working in that database. I was working with tables and deleted a file reference to a master file. Thank goodness I had a backup. This is the first time I have had this problem.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 7043 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.